East Charlton Hotel built in 1875 by John Flug to replace his original log and bark inn built 1863. The first inn was about 100 metres behind this building and it was Charlton's first commercial building. The hotel was rebuilt by C. Klug in 1891. It was rebuilt as a two storey building in 1925. Part of a streetscape series done for the Shire of Charlton in 1987.
Colour photograph of Spanish mission style, two storey white building. Arched verandah on lower level. Signage above veranda reads EAST CHARLTON HOTEL. Tree in front of building. and several parked cars. Yellow panel van in lower RH corner. Single storey pale brick building across the drive way on LH side. Red and white sign for SUPERMARKET on RH side.