Lou's Cafe c. 1987. In the 1930s and early 40's it was Riches Cafe and Billiards Saloon. Sold to Halligan's, Duggans, Jerry Cowell until 1951 when Luths took over the building as a Car and Tractor agency. Next door was Bennett's Shoe Repair Shop which was later a Stock & Station Agency. Part of a streetscape series done for the Shire of Charlton c. 1987.
Colour photograph of a single storey building. Signage on the windows reads Lou's CAFE and on the awning Lou's MILK Bar. Other signs on the windows read Fresh Fruit VEGS, meals, TAKE AWAY FOOD, FISH & CHIPS, HAMBURGERS. Signs above the awning advertise Pauls Streets and Peters ice creams. Two cars parked in front of shop and a man and a woman are standing beside one of the cars. Drive way to the left of the cafe and a single storey, glass fronted building is on the LH side of the photo. Signs on the windows read Crafts, Haberdashery, Gifts and BAGGAGE. To the right of the cafe is a yellow-green fence.