Originally labelled "Beauville Estate, Established 1936, Still Thriving 65 years on, 10th March 2001", the Beauville Estate Album contains colour photographs of houses in the Estate. They were taken around the time of the Beauville Estate’s 65th Heritage Celebration held on 10/03/2001 and donated to the Caulfield Historical Society shortly afterwards. Photographer unknown.
No. 235 is NOT covered by the Heritage Overlay HO12.
Colour photograph of a supermarket. The property features a flat roof awning, corrugated parapet, irregular multi-coloured slate tile and brick facade and extensive advertising over the front and side of the building plus on the gate to the right.
Inscriptions & markings
Murumbeena FRIENDLY GROCER IGA / OPEN 7 DAYS / NEWSPAPERS / COLD SOFT DRINK
- architectural styles,
- inter war style,
- a.v. jennings,
- av jennings,
- beauville estate,
- murrumbeena road,
- commercial establishments,
- sir albert victor jennings,
- a v jennings construction co,
- beauville estate heritage area,
- glen eira city council,
- architectural features,
- jennings group limited,
- land subdivision,
- beauville historic area,
- brick shops,
- advertising signs,
- murumbeena friendly grocer iga
- Glen Eira’s Heritage Management Plan by Andrew Ward (1996) Vol 2 p78-81 Note: p78-81 are at p83-86 of the pdf - HO12 Beauville Estate and environs, Murrumbeena.