115 Jasper Road, Bentleigh East was a market garden owned by James Allan. In 1880 the property was transferred to David Grewar (Gruar) who had married James' niece Mary Allan. In 1926 part of the land was subdivided and sold as residential blocks. The block with the house pictured remained in the family until 1969. The land now forms part of Our Lady of Sacred Heart College. The description of the land owned by David Kidd Grewer (also spelt Gruar) in 1885: Fourteen acres or thereabouts at the corner of Jasper Road and Patterson’s Road East Brighton being part of Crown Block of 5720 acres Parish of Moorabbin County of Bourke being land comprised in Certificate of Title Volume 1344 Folio 268692 on which is erected a 4 roomed brick house with 2 rooms of wood at the rear and stable and a 2 roomed weatherboard cottage valued as under: 14 acres of land less crops £629.0.0 4 roomed brick house £250.0.0 Other buildings £50.0.0 2 roomed weatherboard cottage £35.0.0
Early pioneer family of the City of Moorabbin.
Black and White photo in picture frame