Stawell Shire Hall built 1866. These photographs of the Shire Hall, Longfield Street Stawell. This building has had many changes since 1866.
Ronald Campbell, the Shire's second president laid the foundation of the hall on 28th April 1866. The contractors were Hutchings and Delbridge. The first Hall and office were the front part of the existing building. These rooms consisted of two 18 ft square rooms with an entrance hall separating them. The facade was almost the same as it is today. The building cost 502 pounds.
Black and white photograph of a brick building which has been cement rendered with a parapet on top. The front of the building has 2 arched windows and arched entrance door. A glass notice board to the right of the door. Shire Hall 1866 is written on the top front of the building. Many small flower pots line either side of the front entrance with a flag post in the lawn on the left.