Photograph, Junction Hotel and Post Office in Armstrong c1866

Historical information

Junction Hotel Armstrong and Post Office. c1866
In 1864 Mr Neill Bruce, storekeeper of Great Western applied for a publican's license for the building photographed. It had 3 sitting rooms and 5 bedrooms.
Mary Kershaw had the license from 1881. Thomas L. Barker & Co in 1890.

Physical description

Two story brick and attached single story weatherboard building with shingle roof.
Group of men and women standing in front. Post Office Painted on side of building.
Possibly tin roofed stables at rear.

Subjects

Back to top