“City of Moorabbin” The township of Moorabbin, known as South Brighton until 1909, remained small, with the Plough and Harrow Hotel as its main building. In 1917 Sandringham borough was formed by severance from Moorabbin shire and in 1920 Mentone and Mordialloc were also severed. In the remaining Moorabbin shire the Moorabbin township was still small (1,770 persons), but the shire grew in population during the 1930s. On 10 October 1934 it was proclaimed a city. It existed as a separate municipality until 1995. When local government boundaries were changed in 1994 about half of Moorabbin city was united with Glen Eira city and about half with Kingston city. On 15 December, 1994 the City of Chelsea, parts of the Cities of Mordialloc, Moorabbin, Springvale and Oakleigh were amalgamated to create the City of Kingston by Order of the Governor in Council. On the same day Glen Eira City Council was formed from the City of Caulfield and the remaining part of the City of Moorabbin.
Gold Key ring with a dark blue circle surrounding the shield of the City of Moorabbin.
Inscriptions & markings
City of Moorabbin, Victoria,