This medallion was distributed as a memento of the Coronation of George V1 and Elizabeth. John Glass Cramond and James Dickson established a shop in Warrnambool in 1855 in Timor Street and moved to Liebig Street a few years later. New premises were erected in 1878 and the department store selling mens and ladies wear on the corner of Liebig and Timor Streets was a landmark building in Warrnambool until the business closed in 1973. Cramond and Dickson had their own tailors and milliners.
This item has significance with the link to Cramond & Dickson.
Small copper medallion with an image of George V1 and Elizabeth on one side with the words King George V1 Queen Elizabeth Coronation 1937.On the other side is Cramond &Dickson Warrnambool 1855- 1937.
Inscriptions & markings
King George V1 Queen Elizabeth Coronation 1937.On the other side is Cramond &Dickson Warrnambool 1855- 1937.