Mt Beauty Workman's Club was formed in 1945, re-built and opened in 1954 and again in 1962 and 1968. The Bowls club was founded in 1970 and later was affiliated with the Victorian Ladies' Bowling Association (VLBA) and the North Eastern District LBA in 1974. There were strict rules regarding the Bowlers' uniform.
The Mt Beauty Workman's Club was built by the SECV in 1945 to service their employees on the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme. As Mt Beauty grew it became the centre of activity for residents including the Bowling Club. The blazer is an example of the dress code for men playing bowls at the time.
Black wool blazer fully lined with long sleeves, collar, 2 silver buttons. 3 pockets on the front - 2 on the bottom - left and right - and one at the top on the left. This one has a woven green, yellow and white logo with RVBA at the top and 'Mt Beauty Workman's Club' underneath. There is an inside pocket on the top right side with a label 'Blazer and Uniform Specialists / David Lack / Pty Ltd / Melbourne / Name "R. Burnett" / No. "3888"' - the name and number are typed in.