Historical information

Installed on building at 528 Whitehorse Road, Mitcham between 1938 and 1944. Building was a Newsagency and Post Office.

Significance

Patricia and Bertha Markham operated the newsagency and post office in the early 1930s. In the late 30s a range of photographic and developing supplies were added to the business. Their daughter Mary was a keen photographer and started a business as a child photographer. Mary inherited the premises but the PMG took over the post office several doors away. Mary and husband Harold remained a Kodak agency. Mary and Harold sold the former Mitcham post office to the PMG in mid 1957.

Physical description

Metal sign L 1220cm x H 295cm . Yellow background with red lettering 'Kodak Film'. Sign has black edging. Sign is identical both sides.

Inscriptions & markings

Kodak Film

Subjects