Physical description

A letter from Nance Leach (undated) telling the history of John McClelland's house. He arrived from Ireland in 1863...5 years later they selected 80 acres at Tunstall (Nunawading) and cultivated a market garden, The property was on the site of Stanley Engineering. The couple and one daughter retained the house and Whitehorse Road section of the property about 1948. This was sold to 'Turners' on condition Turners removed the house to 113 Springvale Road for Miss Tess McClelland. When she died the house was sold to Hal Johnson and he later sold it to Mr Florio. John McClelland died 1911 aged 77. The house was called 'The Elms'.