Historical information

The gold mine in Halley Street is understood to have operated successfully until 1880. Being close to the southern end of Blackburn Lake and to the course of Gardiner's Creek, the mine suffered from continuous water seepage and was eventually abandoned. The mine was filled in soon after 1904

Physical description

Black and white photograph of the front of a miner's cottage in Halley Street Blackburn. Raspberry canes on sticks. Joseph Cramp on left in the black waistcoat