The Nunawading orchard was purchased in 1920 by Mary Lilian Matheson from Florence Rebecca Course for a sum of 1050 Sterling Pound. In 1988 the Federal & State government allocated $125,000 to the Nunawading Council towards the purchase of the house, outbuildings and the orchard facing Springvale Road, as it was representative of one of the last working orchards in the Nunawading district. The property has now been vacant for many years (2011) and is secured with window bars and security services. Lately a large cyprus tree crashed onto the largest outbuilding and it was removed.
8 coloured photographs (a-h) of the Matheson house and orchard on Springvale Road, East Burwood. House, shed, windmill, old orchard and pine and cyprus in the photographs.