Physical description
Photographe of a metal plaque located in the Ballarat School of Mines Botanical Gardens
Inscriptions & markings
1879-1979
These botanical gardens were established in 1879 in connection with the materia media course of the Ballarat School of Mines. They were inspired bu Baron Ferdinand von Mueller K.C.M.G., Ph.D., F.R.S., who examined students in Botany from 1880 - 1888. Early lecturers were J.F. Usher and E. Guthiel, M.D.
