Historical information

The original timber bridge over the Diamond Creek was built around 1840. It was destroyed by floodwaters in October 1923. A temporary bridge was rigged up but further damaged in April 1924. A new concrete bridge was built and opened in October 1926. The bridge decking was widened along with Main Road to Dalton Street by the Road Construction Authority in 1984., The uygraded bridge was opened in October 1984, 78 years after its original opening.

Physical description

Born Digital