The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment. This uniform has an unusual combination of accoutrements, possibly worn on special occasion such as a lance guard or attendant at formal dinner.
Service dress jacket with silver buttons, 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles collar badges and silver corporal chevrons. Is dress with black webbing belt and black bandolier. Mounted on half-mannequin.