This uniform was worn by members of 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles from its formation in 1948 until replaced by battle dress and braided yellow lanyard.
The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Khaki World War Two style service dress jacket with two-colour platted lanyard, metal buttons, rising sun collar badges, metal 'Australia' titles on epaulettes. Teamed with khaki webbing belt. Mounted on half mannequin.