This set of photos is from a leather bound album bearing the inscription "HUME RESERVOIR AUSTRALIA" plus 'The Rt. Hon. L. C. M. S. Amery, P. C., M .P.' all inscribed in gold. It was presented to The Rt. Hon. L. C. M. S. Amery, P. C., M. P, Secretary of State for Dominion Affairs on the occasion of his visit to the Hume Reservoir on 2nd November 1927.
This album is of local and national significance as it documents the planning and development of the Hume Reservoir up to 1927. It was the largest water reservoir in the British Empire. The album records the pioneering engineering work that went into its construction.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, N.S.W. RIVER MURRAY WATERS SCHEME. HUME RESERVOIR.
26. Work proceeding inside the coffer dam. This view was taken from the edge of the cut for the South Wing Wall foundations looking from the opposite direction to that of the preceding photograph, the curving downstream face of the main wall being seen beyond the steam navvy. This view shows the way in which the concrete paddocks are stepped and broken jointed vertically and horizontally. In the distance is the North Wing Wall and Power House stack beyond it. New South Wales, August 1927.