This set of photos is from a leather bound album bearing the inscription "HUME RESERVOIR AUSTRALIA" plus 'The Rt. Hon. L. C. M. S. Amery, P. C., M .P.' all inscribed in gold. It was presented to The Rt. Hon. L. C. M. S. Amery, P. C., M. P, Secretary of State for Dominion Affairs on the occasion of his visit to the Hume Reservoir on 2nd November 1927.
This album is of local and national significance as it documents the planning and development of the Hume Reservoir up to 1927. It was the largest water reservoir in the British Empire. The album records the pioneering engineering work that went into its construction.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, N.S.W. RIVER MURRAY WATERS SCHEME. HUME RESERVOIR.
30. View from Top of Tail Tower Pillar - South Wing Wall Foundations. This photograph was taken at right angles to the preceding one, (WHS 00723) ooking downstream along the cut for the South Wing Wall foundation. The granite is at a greater depth here than elsewhere and the cut will be twice as deep before the foundations are cleared. New South Wales. August 1927.