The Tawonga post office was officially opened on 4th October 1879. It had several locations (mostly near the centre of town) over the years and several operators including local families such as the Ryders, the Drummonds, the Coads, the Hollonds and more recently the Talbots and Ryders. The agency was run in conjunction with another business - currently with the Tawonga Store.
An historical account of a small but important business run in a small rural town. The ledgers include local residents and their activities/occupations from 1930.
A collection of stamps, weights, a money box, a hole puncher and records for/of customers of the Commonwealth Savings Bank including deposits, withdrawals and those for local societies.