The 20th Light Horse (Victorian Mounted Rifles) was raised in 1920 as part of the 3rd Cavalry Brigade, 2nd Cavalry Division, Citizen Military Forces, with Headquarters at Seymour and depots along the Goulburn Valley from Mansfield to Tocumwal in southern NSW. In December 1941, 20th Light Horse (Victorian Mounted Rifles) converted from horse to mechanised, as 20th Motor Regiment. In 1943 the regiment was deployed to Merauke, Dutch New Guinea. Upon return to Australia in 1945 it was redesignated 20th Pioneer Battalion and disbanded at the end of the war. 20th Light Horse was the only light horse unit to serve overseas in WWII.
Folded Christmas Card made for 20th Motor Regiment (Victorian Mounted Rifles) while serving in Dutch New Guinea 1944.
Inscriptions & markings
In manuscript on inside cover "From Ted / Mr & Mrs F Pearce"