Historical information

The house was built in 1850 to resemble a Scottish crofter's cottage.
It was at one time a postal depot, when a bag was fixed behind a slot in one of the front doors.
It was also known as Clark Cottage.
It has since been demolished.

Physical description

Sepia image of the first stone building in Sorrento, with description and signature of George Coppin.

Inscriptions & markings

Sorrento The first building (signed) Geo. Coppin