This uniform probably was worn by a cadre staff member posted to 8/13 Victorian Mounted Rifles to provide training to reserve soldiers.
The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
Battledress jacket, trousers, shirt and tie with Warrant Officer Class Two rank insignia, Parachute qualification insignia, ribbon bar: General Service medal with Borneo bar, Vietnam medal, National medal and Vietnamese Campaign medal.