The Methodist Girls' Comradeship was formed in 1918 with the first Branch being in Bondi, NSW. There were three sections: Junior Rays, 8 - 11 years; Senior Rays, 11 - 15 years and Comrades, 15 years and over. The aims of the MGC was to "challenge young people with the saving power of Jesus Christ and provide avenues of christian service" and "to provide for the spiritual, social, physical and educational welfare of the members".
The MGC's motto was "The Utmost for the Highest".
Navy blue wool blazer with a pocket on the left breast with an appliqued Victoria Tasmania Methodist Girls' Comrades emblem. The blazer has yellow grosgrain ribbon at the cuffs and the top of the three pockets; it has two buttons and a button hole on the left lapel. It has a black half lining and cream lined sleeves.
Inscriptions & markings
On breast pocket: "MGC VICTORIA TASMANIA"