This item belonged to Arthur Lock. During the late 1800's cutlery firms manufactured these uniquely styled razors. The Corn razor was much smaller than an average razor, and was used to remove corns from the feet. Corn razors came with many different handle designs. The hollow ground process produces a much thinner blade with more flex.
This item is part of a collection of items owned by Athur Lock, a member of the 2/23rd Battalion, an all-volunteer Second Australian Imperial Force which served as part of the garrison during the Siege of Tobruk, then at El Alamein, New Guinea and Borneo. It has particular local significance as the battalion was know as "Albury's Own" because a large majority of the battalion's initial intake of volunteers came from the Albury–Wodonga region.
A small corn razor and box showing manufacture details
Inscriptions & markings
On blade "Kutwell"
On Box "Kutwell" /Hollow Ground/ Corn Razor