Arthur Lock was enlisted with the 2/23rd Battalion in World War 2. After the conclusion of the war, he was an active member of the Rats of Tobruk Associaton and the 2/23rd Infantry Battalion Association.
This item is part of a collection of items owned by Arthur Lock, a member of the 2/23rd Battalion, an all-volunteer Second Australian Imperial Force which served as part of the garrison during the Siege of Tobruk, then at El Alamein, New Guinea and Borneo. It has particular local significance as the battalion was know as "Albury's Own" because a large majority of the battalion's initial intake of volunteers came from the Albury–Wodonga region.
A blue tie featuring the Tobruk T colour patch adopted b42 the 2/23rd Battalion from 1942 until the unit was disbanded in 1946.