Historical information

This is a souvenir glass with an image of the Lower Lighthouse at Flagstaff Hill in Warrnambool. This lighthouse is one of two first situated at Flagstaff Hill in 1871, with the lower light being placed on the top of an obelisk that had been erected at an earlier date. The two lighthouses still operate today on Flagstaff Hill. The glass has been sold as a tourist souvenir or as a memento for local people.


This item is of minor interest as an example of a tourist souvenir of Warrnambool.

Physical description

This is a clear glass circular tumbler with a heavy base and an indented section near the base where the hand grasps the glass. On one side of the glass is a multi-coloured sketch of a lighthouse.

Inscriptions & markings

Warrnambool Vic