Historical information

The building is Our Lady of Mount Carmel School which is attached to the Catholic Church of the same name. Initially a school was established on this site in 1877 with classes conducted in the church. A new two roomed brick building was erected on the site on 23rd January 1916 and were opened by Archbishop Mannix. There were further additions to the school as enrolments increased in 1925. The school caters for primary school aged students.


The school has been functioning in Sunbury for almost 150 years.

Physical description

A coloured of a single storey red brick building with white trims and a red painted iron roof