Equipment used by Emma Warburton, a midwife, who lived in the City of Moorabbin. The pump was used by women who needed that extra help to relieve the pressure build-up in their breasts when lactating. The pump was made by J.G. Ingram & Sons Ltd, and sold in the early 1900’s.
Owned and used by one of the pioneer families in the City of Moorabbin
Glass tube with a collecting reservoir that opens into a funnel (or breast piece). Round red rubber bulb attached to one end of the glass.
Inscriptions & markings
Stamp in black ink on red bulb reads "Ingram's/'Omega'/London."