These are the original wrought iron gates which served as the entrance to St. Andrews Uniting Church, formerly St.Andrews Presbyterian Church. They were erected there in 1922 and were made at H.V.McKay's Sunshine Harvester foundry, at Sunshine. H.V McKay was a member of the Presbyterian Church in Sunbury. Originally the gates opened onto Stawell Street, which ran at an angle between O'Shanassy and Barkly Streets. Apart from a small area leading to the Memorial Hall the rest of Stawell Street has been incorporated in the Village Green in Sunbury.
The gates were restored and erected on their original site in 2000.
A scanned coloured photograph of white painted wrought iron double gates with two smaller gates on either side and supported by stone pillars. A church building is just beyond a grassed area.