The first building that was erected in the Parish of St Peter's was a little wooden school house, built by local market gardeners in February 1865. The school was demolished and a brick school building was erected and opened in1903.
St Peter's School, East Bentleigh was erected by the many Irish Market Gardeners of Moorrabin in 1865 and was integral to the education, spiritual well being and social life of the early settlers.
A book on the history of St Peter's Parish, Centre Road, East Bentleigh, with pictures. 57 pages. Contains local history, history of early pioneer families, St Peter's School and the church.
early settlers, parish of moorabbin, city of moorabbin, county of bourke, shire of moorabbin, market gardeners, center road, irish settlers, east bentleigh, st peter's church east bentleigh, religion, catholic