This fine wooden building is located in Browning Street, Orbost and is now (2022) used as the St Andrews Uniting Church Hall. It has a supper room and toilets attached and is a hall that has been used for many community purposes including a Flower Show, exhibitions, concerts, Sunday School, and Harvest Festival etc. In1977, the Orbost Presbyterian Church became the Orbost Uniting Church and the old church became a hall when a new church was built nearby.
an excellent photograph of this building which shows the original fence
A b/w photograph of a building which is a church with the entrance to the front of the picture. A fence made partly of post and rail, and of white picket in the front of the photo. Some trees in the background. No people can be seen.
Inscriptions & markings
On back of this photo: 'The first Presbyterian services were held by Rev. Charles Atwood in 1885. He held services in the Mechanics Institute for 5 years. The Presbyterian Church was opened on 9th January 1898. Timber was cut at Richardson's Tabbara mill. Mr R P Cameron built the Church.'
- Newsletter 90 Orbost Presbyterian/Uniting Church. by Margaret Smith A 4 page Newsletter which is available on the Orbost & District Historical Society's website.