This cabinet is part of a special bequest to the Mont De Lancey Museum of hand carved furniture and items made by Mr Franz Striezel by his grandaughter Mrs Dorothy Hilda Adamson. Dorothy was a friend of Nella Lord (nee Sebire). Dorothy passed away in 2007. It was to be known as The Franz Striezel Collection. Franz Streizel came from Germany in 1886 and was one of the three recognised craftsmen (Art Carvers) in Australia who contributed to the wood carvings in public buildings and honour boards throughout Australia. The National Gallery at their request had two small panels and a tobacco jar (some of his work), donated by Mrs D Adamson. They considered these pieces highly valuable. it was a wedding gift to Mr Franz Streizel's daughter Frieda Streizel approximately 1910.
A heavily inlaid veneer two door cabinet with carved Egyptian style heads in the middle of each door set in a triangular pattern. There are two small drawers and one long drawer at the bottom of the cabinet. Keys are kept nearby in a wooden box in the same collection.