The Lagoon Hotel was built in Kiewa in 1859 by James Lawson. It consisted of an inn and attached store. In marh\ch 1871, the Kiewa Post Office was opened at Lawson's Lagoon Hotel. When Lawson died in the 1880s, James's wife took over the hotel with the help of her twin daughters. In 1908, Felix McDermott bought it. For further information refer to "A History of the Kiewa Valley" by Esther Temple and "Victorian Places".
Early Social History of the Kiewa Valley including transport, communications, accommodation, and establishing a business.
Small, old, black and white photo of Hotel with a dog out the front
Inscriptions & markings
On the back in pencil -"Lagoon Hotel Kiewa"; Printed with ink stamp - "Kodak Print" and "512"