This book contains the Minutes and financial details from the Allans Forest Red Cross Hospital Auxiliary from 1925 to 1930. Allans Forest is a small locality on the Great Ocean Road about three kilometres from the township of Allansford on the eastern fringe of Warrnambool. The Hospital Auxiliary was formed as an extension of the Allansford group in 1925 to provide support for the Warrnambool and District Hospital. The group raised funds with dances and jumble sales and donated to the hospital such items as groceries (especially home made jams and soaps), hospital linen and baby wear. The hospital would provide tins of fat for the ladies to make the soap.
This exercise book is of interest as a memento of the activities of a small group in a small settlement in the Warrnambool area nearly a hundred years ago. It shows the reliance in the past of a town hospital on local groups to provide basic items such as food and linen.
This is an exercise book with a dark red cardboard cover and black binding on the spine. The pages have ruled black lines and handwritten entries in ink. Some pages are blank.
Inscriptions & markings
Allan's Forest Red Cross Hospital Auxiliary