A Phillip Island Road Board was formed in 1871. It was absorbed by Phillip Island and Woolamai Shire in 1874.
Foolscap photocopy of handwritten minutes of the first annual meeting of the Roads Board, appointing Mr James Forster as Chairman. Also minutes of adjoined general meeting, held later the same day, appointing John Houston was Clerk and all meetings be held at Bauer's Hotel.
Inscriptions & markings
First annual meeting held at Bauer's hotel on 15 November 1871at 12 o'clock