This drum comes from the group which is now called " Warrnambool & District Pipes & Drums". As the Warrnambool Pipe Band it was formed in 1906 and today its aim is to foster a taste for bagpipe music. A separate Ladies' Band was set up in 1950 and combined with the Mens' Band in 1974. The Warrnambool & District Pipes & Drums is held in high regard nationally.
This drum is a memento of an important musical group in Warrnambool
This is a large, circular drum for a pipe band. The outside centre is skin surrounded by wooden rings, one of which is painted black. Between the rings is a cream and black mottled pattern on a curved piece made of composite material. There are eight silver tuning rods equally spaced along the side. One of these has two pieces of red tape attached. There is printing on both sides of the drum.
Inscriptions & markings
Warrnambool Ladies Pipe Band
Warrnambool Pipe Band