The Shire of Ballan was proclaimed in November 1864. The Corporate Seal of the Shire of Ballan appeared first as an impression in September 1867 and as a wax seal in August 1868.
This large metal seal was originally mounted on the wall of the Ballan Council Chambers and can now be found in the Ballan Old Courthouse.
This is a photograph of the cast metal Corporate Seal of the Shire of Ballan
Inscriptions & markings