The Methodist Girls' Comradeship was formed in 1918 with the first Branch being in Bondi, NSW. There were three sections: Junior Rays, 8 - 11 years; Senior Rays, 11 - 15 years and Comrades, 15 years and over. The aims of the MGC was to "challenge young people with the saving power of Jesus Christ and provide avenues of christian service" and "to provide for the spiritual, social, physical and educational welfare of the members".
The MGC's motto was "The Utmost for the Highest".
MGC071.1 and MGC071.2: A pair of wooden, dark stained booked with a metal Methodist Girls' Comradeship badge on the front of each.
Inscriptions & markings