Historical information

In 1878, the first chicory kiln was built by Mr. John and Solomon West, in Thompson Avenue, Cowes, near the Esplanade and the second kiln was built in 1880 by Mr Joseph Richardson.



Physical description

Large black & white photo of a brick chicory kiln with a metal roof,door and window. In a paddock with large trees nearby.

Inscriptions & markings

2nd chicory kiln on Phillip Island, now turned into a holiday house.