The theatre, set up in the old shire hall, was run by Bill Schooling and Connie Maugham.
A World War 1 veteran, Charlie Croft, was the doorman.
The films came down by ferry for Saturday nights, or Bill Schooling collected them in his car, which ran on kerosene.
In the summertime, there were also screenings on Wednesdays and Fridays. Screenings started with a newsreel; then a travelogue was shown; another support film would be fitted in before interval, then another newsreel, a cartoon, and finally the feature film hit the screen. This occurred during WW2 - 1939-1945
Handwritten letter written on 26/2/1993 from Kevin Findlay describing his employment history and association with the theatre and a photocopy of 2 tickets for the Teddy Bear Theatre.