Historical information

Buninyong State school was built and opened in 1873. This1890s photograph shows staff in contemporary dress and the original windows and belltower.


Historic and social significance for the Buninyong community

Physical description

Black and white photograph of an original photo. Seven members of the teaching staff in front of Buninyong State School circa 1896

Inscriptions & markings

Staff identified as J. Anderson, Mr. Costella, Mrs. Davye, Florrie Milner, Mrs. Harris, Mrs. Douglas, Mr. Walker (source of names unknown)