Historical information

The Borough of Ringwood was created the following year, with separation from Lilydale approved on 22 October, 1924. Shire President Cr. A. Temple Miles was subsequently elected as Ringwood's first Mayor. Cr. W. Mackinlay also became a Borough of Ringwood Councillor.

Physical description

Sepia tone presentation photograph mounted on heavy cardboard with compilation of twelve individual oval portrait photographs depicting Lilydale Shire President and eleven Council members 1922-23. Inscription reads Presented by Cr. A. Temple Miles J.P. to the Councillors, and individual inscriptions Left to Right from top - Councillor J. Wallace J.P., Councillor J. McGhee, Councillor E. Burgi, Councillor A. Temple Miles J.P. (President), Councillor H. Hughes J.P., Councillor E.A. Paul, J.C. Winterbottom, Sec., G.A. Paul Collector, Councillor W.C.E. Jones J.P. W.E. Thompson C.E. (Engineer), Councillor W. Mackinlay, Councillor Jos. Hamill.