Stratherne Presbyterian Girls' School was founded in 1889 at the home of Miss Ethel Dare at 45 Riversdale road, Hawthorn. The final location of the school was 131 Power street, Hawthorn - a house gifted to the school by Mr and Mrs John Patterson in 1923. The Alma Pedersen Cup was awarded for best general improvement in the Junior school. The school closed in 1968.
Art Deco style silver trophy on a stand with five shield shaped silver plaques screwed to its bakelite base. The trophy has two handles.
Inscriptions & markings
On trophy: "Alma Pedersen Cup Stratherne P.G.G.S. Best general improvement centenary year 1934"
On base: "Awarded to Betty Dawborn 1934" "Awarded to Vonda Lloyd 1935" "Awarded to Joan Dawborn 1936" "Awarded to Shirley Dahllof 1937" "Awarded to Joan McNaughton 1938"