Stratherne Presbyterian Girls' School was founded in 1889 at the home of Miss Ethel Dare at 45 Riversdale road, Hawthorn. The final location of the school was 131 Power street, Hawthorn - a house gifted to the school by Mr and Mrs John Patterson in 1923. The Alma Pedersen Cup was awarded for best general improvement in the Junior school. The school closed in 1968.
EPNS A1 trophy on a bakelite base. The trophy has two handles and engraving on both the back and front.
Inscriptions & markings
On front: "Stratherne Presbyterian Girls' School Mrs Waters Trophy Athletics Champion House Davidson 1962"
On back: "Dare 1963 Dare 1964 Dare 1965 Patterson 1966 Patterson 1967 Dare 1968"