Physical description

A small publication by a local author. A4 size including photographs and a map.


This publication tells the story of the village of Mitta Junction which was established in about 1920 on the Victorian side of the Hume Dam construction site. The town was built to house workers and their families during the construction of the Hume Weir. It included houses, a a shop, hall and school as well as tennis courts. After the completion of the weir the village and all its contents was sold at auction in June 1936 for £7000. The Mitta Junction school continued to operate until the mid 1980s. The book also documents aspects of the history of the Clark family of Bonegilla.