Historical information

J D McHaffie, Phillip Island's first leaseholder, relate how McHaffie set up his headquarters (and later built his house) alongside what is now known as McHaffies lagoon. The McHaffie brothers – John David and William – occupied Phillip Island under a license from the Admiralty in 1842 and farmed it as a sheep run.



Physical description

3 A4 photocopies showing application for lease in 1850, size and description of the land and instructions for the application.