Physical description

A paperback publication of 80 pages including photographs and maps compiled by the Table Top History Committee.

Inscriptions & markings

At right hand top of title page: C. J, Watson de Kerrillieau 1984


This publication was compiled for the Centenary celebrations of the Table Top school in 1984. Known by the Aborigines as Mullyan-argina, or breeding place of eagles, the flat topped hill attracted the attention of Hume and Hovell's expedition in November 1824 and Hamilton Hume named Battery Mount. Later on, when the Mitchell family acquired the run they named it Table Top. The book contains detailed information about the district and pioneer families who contributed to its development.