Wodonga Football Club’s first recorded match was against the Albury Football Club on Saturday, 6 July 1878 in Wodonga. Between 1878 and 1891, Wodonga played many intermittent friendly matches against other local clubs and towns, before organised fixtures and competitions were starting to be arranged from the early 1890s
In 1899, the Wodonga Football Club "Starlights" Junior Club was formed and adopted the Club colours of blue, black and a white star. In 1903, 1904 and 1905, the Wodonga Football Club "Shamrocks" entered a team in the local Federal Junior Football Association.
In April 1906, the Wodonga Football Club "Shamrocks" met and decided to become a Senior team and be known as just the Wodonga FC
The Club, currently a member of the Ovens and Murray Football League, has participated in a variety of local leagues and competition since then, apart from the years of the First and Second World Wars when they went into recess.
The support the club has shown to its members was evidenced around 1949, when the Wodonga FC set up a Provident Fund for injured players to be compensated if they were not able to work for a length of time.
In 1981, Wodonga achieved the rare feat of winning football Premierships in the Firsts, Seconds and Thirds. No other team has done this.
The club has played in the finals 33 of the 74 years, winning seven senior premiership flags.
Austico Apparel began as the Australian Tie Company in 1915; a specialty manufacturer of men's ties and accessories.
Wodonga Football Club was first established in 1878 and has played an important role in the community since that time. It has been successful not only on the sporting field, but has provided support and social connection to its members and their families. Several of its players have gone on to perform to at an elite standard in higher levels of competition.
Maroon tie with white embroidered bulldog in the centre.
Inscriptions & markings
Beneath bulldog logo: WODONGA