A ring box used by a Warrnambool Jeweller in the mid 20th century
This ring box was used by the Warrnambool business of F J Gill & Co which operated in Liebig Street in the period 1920-1960. Frederick James Gill (1881-1961) was a consulting optician in 1919 and operated a business in Liebig Street. In the 1950's the jewellery business also operated in Terang and Camperdown.
Cream hinged bakelite ring box with velvet cushions to hold a ring. The satin material inside the lid has a small brown sticker. There is a small metal clasp to assist with keeping the box closed
Inscriptions & markings
Brown Sticker: Jeweller & Optician Warrnambool